3/17/2014

MUA Matte Lipstick - First Impressions

I bought this lipstick on a bit of a whim yesterday in Superdrug as I had heard that it was similar to Mac's Russian red which I have been wanting for a while. 
I got the shade Scarlet Siren which is a matte classic red. 
It is a blue toned red that makes your teeth look really white and comparing swatches, is quite similar to mac's Russian red and the Revlon matte balm stain in the shade 'stand out'.
 
It is quite difficult to apply as it doesn't glide on easily because it is so dry.  I definitely recommend using a lip liner first so you have a slight guide when putting this on as I found it has to be applied perfectly or it looks strange.
 
This is a very dry lipstick and within 10 minutes of wearing it, my lips had shrivelled up and gone flaky and gross and it just didn't feel very nice. 
 
 It does look gorgeous on and it is the perfect shade for all skin types, I just don't think the formulation is quite up to scratch, but for a pound, what do you expect?!
 
Overall, this is a nice lipstick, just not the best.  It is a good bargain though, for £1 and is worth a try.  You can find this here and in most Superdrug stores.
 
Have any of you tried this lipstick? If so, what are your thoughts?
 
If you have any questions or requests, feel free to leave me a comment or tweet me!
 
Emily xx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment