4/14/2014

Benefit B.right Skincare Set ❤

I got this Skincare Set last week when I got a makeover at the Benefit counter in Debenhams.  I have been waiting to try some of their skincare for a while and I thought this would be the best way to try a few of their products without having to splurge on the full sizes and end up not liking them.

 The first product is the Total Moisture Face Cream.  I use this as a night time moisturiser.  I'm not a huge fan of this,  it's very thick and quite heavy and greasy.  I have combination skin and this made my face feel like an oil slick.  I think this would be better for someone with quite dry skin, and in the winter when my skins a little drier it might be good, but for now, I think I'll stick with my Body Shop Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream.

 The next thing is the Foamingly Clean Facial Wash.  I really like this, it's not stripping like most of the other foaming cleansers I have tried.  It makes my face feel squeaky clean without feeling dry and tight and it really pulls the dirt out of my pores.  It leaves my skin feeling soft and I would definitely purchase the full size of this.

The next thing is the 'It's Potent!' Eye Cream.  I have tried this before and loved it.  It fades my dark circles really well and stops the skin around my eyes from getting dry and making my concealer look cakey.  I don't have to use as much concealer now as this gets rid of my dark circles really well and makes my eyes look and feel more awake.  I definitely recommend this to anyone that suffers with dark circles, fine lines or dry skin around their eyes.

 The next thing is the Triple Performing Facial Emulsion.  I use this as my morning moisturiser before I put my makeup on.  I'm not sure how I feel about this, it didn't feel greasy but it took ages to sink in and even when I felt that it had sunk in enough,  my makeup just slid right off it and wouldn't blend in and it just made my face look horrendous.  I initially thought I had put too much on so I tried it the next day with a much smaller amount and the same thing happened again.  I have tried different primers and different foundations with it and the same thing happened so I might use this as my night time moisturiser because it's quite light and doesn't make my face greasy.

The next thing is the Refined Finish Facial Polish.  I really like this, my skin is quite sensitive so it's hard to find an exfoliated that is gentle enough so that it doesn't irritate it but harsh enough to do the job!  The beads in this are quite fine, almost like sugar and they aren't too scratchy and harsh.  It doesn't make my skin red or sore and doesn't make it dry or tight.  It gets right down in my pores and really just polishes my skin and makes it really clean.  The only bad thing is that it is really hard to get off and I had bits of scrub coming out of my pores for the rest of the night.  It just sticks to my face and really doesn't want to budge.  Overall this is a good product and I will continue to use this once a week.

The last thing is the Moisture Prep Toning Lotion.  This is not like your average toner, it's very thick, almost like a watery moisturiser and makes my skin feel velvety soft.  I use this after I cleanse and put a small amount onto a cotton pad and just sweep it over my skin.  It helps my moisturiser to sink in and makes my pores appear smaller, which is amazing because having oily skin means I have very noticeable pores.  It's quite soothing on my skin and gets rid of redness and makes it look plump and bright.

Overall this is a really good set,  I was disappointed with the moisturisers but I am really impressed with the other products and will continue to use them and possibly go on to purchase the full sizes.

What do you think of the benefit skincare range? I'd love to hear your opinions!

If you have any questions or requests, be sure to leave me a comment or tweet me and follow me on Instagram!!

Emily xx


No comments:

Post a Comment