5/30/2014

The £1 Makeup Brush

I was in Poundland the other day just browsing when I found their makeup brushes! I was on the hunt for a new powder brush as my Mac powder brush died on me.  I picked this one from the brand 'allura', mainly because its pink!


It is really soft and fluffy but it's not of the best quality.  It is quite flimsy which makes it really hard to apply powder with.  It is better suited for products that require a very light application, take powder highlight as an example.  It also sheds like mad! Every 2 seconds, I'm trying to peel bristles off my face and out of my nose (not fun) and it's a bit of a pain, but for £1, what do you expect.

I think it is definitely worth spending a little more on some better quality brushes, as the finish of your makeup all depends on the tools you use to apply it.  Although, if you are on a serious budget, this is practically a steal so you would probably be able to persevere and make do.

For me, I don't think this is going to get a lot of use because it just makes makeup application so difficult!

Do you know of any cheap makeup brushes that are of a better quality? Let me know in the comments or on twitter and Facebook!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment