8/07/2014

Blogging Tips and Tricks - My Guide To Starting A Blog ❤




I thought I'd post something slightly different to the usual beauty ramblings today and post something more blogging related.  When I started blogging, I hadn't really read any other blogs and I didn't really know what I was doing, I just sort of went with it.  Now I have been blogging for almost 7 months, I know a lot more about blogging and the blogging community in general.  This post will give you some tips and tricks on how you can start a blog and hopefully give you an incite into life as a blogger.

Creating Your Blog

Blogger is, in my opinion, the easiest way to run a blog.  Just click 'new blog' on the home screen and you're away!  Blogger helps you design your blog and make it personal and it is also easy to make changes along the way.  Think of a name, theme and topic for your blog so that you can make it personal to you and relative to your chosen topic.  My blog is all about my little world so I have made the design personal to me and I write about the things that I love.  My blog is my escapism and allows me to be creative and write about things I am passionate about, like beauty.  Blogger is run by google so you can just sign in with your gmail account and you can be updated on your blogs progress through the app on your phone.  You will be notified when you have comments, when people have shared your posts and you can also see how many people have viewed your blog and where they are from in the world using Google Analytics.


Writing Posts

When it comes to writing posts, make sure they are relative to your topic and they are of the best quality.  Don't put up a post that your not completely happy with just for the sake of posting.  Your followers would rather have 1 really good post every so often than have average posts every day.  Blogging is supposed to be fun so don't feel pressured to post all the time, and if you ever feel like it is becoming a chore, you know it is not for you and you should take a break.  Try to make your posts as unique as possible because no one wants to be reading the same thing on everyone else's blog, make yours stand out from the rest.  It is ok to take inspiration from other bloggers, but don't copy them and don't try to be someone you're not.   Make sure your personality comes across in your posts to make them personal and unique.  Be sure to use relevant pictures in your posts and make them look as aesthetically pleasing as possible, in other words, make it look nice and catch peoples eye!  You don't have to have a fancy DSLR camera, you can use a cheap one or even the one on your phone!  As long as you have good lighting and a lot of thought has gone into the layout of the things in the photo, anyone can take a good picture.  I have a whole post on photography here if you are interested in learning more about it.   

Ways to get your blog noticed

Social Media is very important to us bloggers.  It enables us to advertise our blog, share about new posts, interact with our readers and get to know so many new people with the same interests as us.  This is one of the most important factors in most blogger's success.  Add your blog link to your instagram and twitter bio so everyone can take a peek!  Also, creating a bloglovin account and claiming your blog on their is a great way for people to follow your blog, like your posts and you can also follow your favourite blogs and like their posts.  It is almost like a Facebook feed with all the posts from your favourite bloggers.  I love that you can download the app on any device and catch up on your favourite posts wherever you are.  You can log in with Facebook and create an account.  Then all you do is click claim blog, type in your blogs address, copy and paste the code they give you into a new post and then press ok!  You can also keep up to date with your stats!





I hope this post has helped some of you newbie bloggers and if you have just started blogging, leave me a link and I will be sure to stop by and have a look. If you would like to see a Blogger 101 post where I tell you everything there is to know about blogger and how to use it, let me know!  I might start a series on each aspect of blogging, e.g. pages, posts, design, links, pictures etc.  If there is anything you would like to see or see more of around these parts, be sure to let me know and I will see what I can do!

Emily xx


No comments:

Post a Comment