9/17/2014

A Weekend in the New Forest and a day in Downton Abbey!



I thought it was about time that there were a few more lifestyle posts around these parts, besides my Sunday Edits.  I figured it is a better way of you getting to know me and what I like to do rather than just what I think about beauty products!

As mentioned in my Sunday Edit, I spent the weekend in the New Forest for my Mum's birthday.  I have been going to the New Forest pretty much all my life and it is the perfect Autumn destination. It did feel a little odd running through the leaves in a dress and dolly shoes I must say! We went for a drive along the moors to see the wild ponies, got held up for about 15 minutes whilst about 50 cows strolled across the road and enjoyed the scenery.  It is so nice to stay in a log cabin and every day you can wake up and look out the window to see the leaves falling from the trees and squirrels running around.  I love squirrels so much, if you could keep squirrels as pets I think I would definitely be the crazy squirrel lady.

Another thing you should know about me, Downton Abbey is my guilty pleasure.  I am most definitely a 70 year old woman trapped in a 16 year old's body, I love nothing better to sit and drink tea whilst watching my Downton box set believe it or not!  Downton Abbey is filmed at Highclere Castle in West Berkshire and was only about 50 minutes away from where we were staying and me and my mum being massive Downton fans, we couldn't resist it.  It was such lovely day out, the grounds are so picturesque and the castle itself is just to die for.  I thoroughly enjoyed walking round the castle and it was so weird feeling like you were stood in Downton Abbey and walking through all the rooms that I have seen on TV about a million times before, it was very surreal!  We also had lunch sat outside looking up at the house and the weather was perfect for it as well.  Although it was very expensive, I do think it was worth it and I would definitely go again! Photography was not allowed in the castle which pleased me no end, but here are a few I managed to get of the outside and the grounds surrounding it:-










Let me know if you would like some more lifestyle posts similar to this one and I will do one every time I go somewhere worth documenting!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment