10/14/2014

Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit ❤


When I first started getting in to makeup, I didn't really know what I needed and was unsure of which products I should opt for.  This post is aimed at helping those of you in a similar predicament, people who want to start wearing makeup and building up a kit, without spending a huge amount.

For starters, bases.  I don't think primers are absolutely necessary when starting a kit, however I do think a foundation or maybe a BB/CC Cream are important.  My favourite budget foundation is the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation.  At only £4.99 it is a absolute bargain and the formula is all I could ask for in a foundation. Weightless, smooth finish, easy to apply, not too dewy or too matte, blends seamlessly and has quite good lasting power and I love the wide shade range.  Anyone could find a shade to suit them in this range!  Next is concealer, now whilst this isn't a necessity, I couldn't be without it.  By now you should know that my all time favourite concealer is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and is probably one of the cheapest you could find.  I have also heard that this is similar to the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer so for just a fraction of the price, this is the perfect alternative.  To set all of that and keep your makeup looking fresh and lasting all day, I would opt for the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in a heart beat.  It makes my skin look flawless, masks those pesky pores and keeps shine at bay.

I always love to have a little something on my cheeks because foundation can tend to make your face look a bit flat.  I think the MUA Blusher in the shade 'Lolly' is the perfect colour to suit everyone all year round.  It makes you look like you are healthy and glowy without the need for a highlighter.  This blush also helps to define your cheekbones so bronzing isn't really necessary.

For eyes, I have chosen the Rimmel Under Cover Shadow Primer and whilst this isn't a necessity, it does make a huge difference to the longevity and the overall look of your shadows so if you are looking for a good, cheap eye primer, this is a good one to go for.  For eyeshadows, I think the best thing to go for would be a palette. I have chosen the MUA Undressed and Undress Me Too Palettes because they are very versatile and you can create anything from a very subtle and natural daytime look to a heavy and dramatic night time look.  They are great quality eyeshadows and are perfect for people who are just starting to use eyeshadow and want to experiment a bit!  If you are a fan of eyeliners, I would recommend starting off with a pencil.  They are a pretty fool-proof way to wear eyeliner because any mistakes can be rectified with a bit of blending.  My favourites at the moment are the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liners as they are ridiculously cheap and easily comparable to the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils.  Lastly for eyes, mascara! I think this is a product that makes a huge difference to your whole entire makeup look and it is definitely something that I wouldn't skip! My all time favourite mascara is the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara and it is also the cheapest I own. I love that you can create quite fluffy, natural lashes and you can also create thick and dramatic lashes.  It is definitely a good starting point for those of you starting out with mascara and the small wand makes it so much easier to apply.

My favourite part, lips! I am most definitely a lip junkie and lipstick is definitely something I love to experiment with.  Balms are a great place to start if you don't want to rush straight in or are not really used to wearing makeup.  They give a hint of colour to your lips as well as keeping them in tip top condition.  My absolute favourites are the Maybelline Baby Lips or if you fancy something a little bit more intense,  the Electro Baby Lips are good to go for.  If you like to experiment with lip colours, but don't want to spend too much for fear of hating it and shoving it to the back of your drawer, MUA is the perfect brand for you.  They have so many different formulas and shades, there is something for  everyone and it is perfect to practice with and discover what sort of formulas and shades suit you the most.  I think MUA is brilliant quality and it is so cheap so yo should definitely check them out, along with Makeup Revolution which has proved to be a big hit in the beauty community!

I hope this has helped some of you, and let me know what products you would recommend to a makeup starter!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment