10/03/2014

The Autumn Beauty Edit ❤


Autumn is my absolute favourite season, I love all the Autumnal colours and all of those spicy scents.   It is now officially Autumn, so I'm doing a round-up of all y favourite Autumn products and how I like to switch up my beauty products.

BASE// In the spring and summer, its all about those fresh, light and dewy bases.  In autumn and winter, I tend to go for something a little heavier and with more of a satin finish.  My go to autumn/winter foundation has to be my Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation because it has a lot more coverage and makes your face look absolutely flawless, whilst giving it the perfect satin (not dewy but not completely matte) finish which is what I love throughout the colder months.

CHEEKS// In autumn, I don't like to bronze up my skin too much because it can look a little bit summery, but I think a subtle contour helps to give you that really defined look, which I think looks perfect when you are wearing dark lips or smokey eyes.  My favourite product for this is Nars Laguna Bronzer because it works on all skin tones and adds the perfect amount of colour  When it comes to blush, the pinks and peaches have gone into hibernation and the reds and mauves are back out! My go to Autumn blushes for the past two years have been Sleek Rose Gold and NYX Desert Rose. They are more reddy shades and the sleek one has a gold sheen running through it which is perfect!

EYES// In autumn, I love to go for goldy/bronzy/coppery smokey eyes. For a base or on its own on lazy days, the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze is my absolute favourite autumn cream shadow. It stays on all day and can be work in so many different ways.  If you are looking for a cheap way to experiment with some more autumnal colours, then the MUA Undressed Palette and the MUA Undress Me Too Palette are definitely for you! These palettes contain a range of stunning autumnal shades and they are practically a steal for £4 each!

LIPS// My absolute favourite thing about autumn is cracking out the dark lips! My all time favourite autumn lipstick is Mac Plumful because it is dark, yet subtle and I love berry tones in Autumn.  Last year, I was obsessed with the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Eclipse which is a very dark vampy red and it is amazing if you want to go all out! Seeing as matte lips are so on trend right now, the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Reckless is the perfect affordable option.

NAILS// I love autumn nails, I think the dark shades are so sophisticated and classy, I can't get enough of them! My all time favourite autumn polish is China Glaze Ruby Pumps which is a glittery red wine shade and I wore the hell out of it last year for about 4 months straight!  I really like classic cream red shades, my personal favourites being Barry M Gelly Polish in Pomegranate which is just straight up red, and for more of a darker browny shade, Nails Inc Victoria is perfect!  The trend this year is metallic, so my two favourites are Essie's Trophy Wife which is a gorgeous dark metallic green, and to fit the goldy theme going on with my eyes, Nails Inc Regent Street Lights which is no longer available sadly, but Mortimer Street is very similar and is on sale for £5!

That concludes my autumn beauty edit, let me know what your favourite autumn beauty picks are!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment