12/31/2014

Best Discoveries of 2014 | Lips

Welcome to the third in the series of my 'Best Discoveries of 2014'.  Today we will be talking about my personal favourite category of makeup, lips.

This year, it has been quite hard to please me in the lip department.  I have managed to find fault with pretty much everything I have tried apart from the ones pictured above.  Everything I have tried have either been too drying, too sticky, patchy, lacking longevity and I have picked holes in everything.  Lip products are my favourite makeup item so I am quite particular in what I like and I try out an awful lot!

The first product I discovered back in April was my first favourite of this year.  The Mac Cremesheen Lipstick in Peach Blossom.  This peachy pink nude immediately became my favourite nude, its shade was perfect in complimenting my pale skin rather than washing me out and I wear this with literally everything! It is so versatile, going perfectly with a dramatic smokey eye or a natural every day look. I find it best to pat in the first layer with my finger, and then apply another layer straight from the bullet. This ensures that it lasts a good 4-5 hours which is pretty impressive for a lipstick with such a glossy and moisturising formula.

Back in the summer, I finally caved and treated myself to a Chanel Lipstick.  After a lot of research and intense swatching, I finally decided on the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in the shade 'Boy'.  It is a similar shade to Peach Blossom, except darker and with a hint more brown.  The formula of this is quite sheer and very moisturising, keeping lips soft and supple as well as giving them a beautiful shine.  Again, this can be worn with many different looks and I wore it pretty much every day for around 3-4 months after I purchased it. This is definitely a princess product and paying £25 for a lipstick is an obscene amount of money, but every girl needs that one special lipstick right? or 6........

The last thing to mention is a line of lip products rather than an individual product.  The Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencils have been mentioned quite a lot on my blog recently and they definitely live up to the huge hype surrounding them at the moment.  They have an impressive shade range, my favourites being Light it Up, Nude Perfection and Berry Much.  They are matte without drying out your lips, have amazing colour payoff and last for a decent amount of time.  These are definitely good dupes for the Nars Lip Pencils, and I would definitely recommend checking these out before splurging on any of the higher end options.  Maybelline have really done well with these and I am looking to eventually get most of the colours they offer.

That is everything concerning lips for 2014, let me know what your favourite lip products from 2014 are!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment