12/17/2014

Drugstore Christmas Party Look

Today I have put together a simple, drugstore Christmas party look that will make you look a million dollars without having to spend that much!
 Starting off with a base, I primed using the Elf Studio Poreless Face Primer* and followed up with my new found love, the L'oreal True Match Foundation to create a flawless base.  Next I did a Kim Kardashian-esque highlight using my trusty old Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller.  I further concealed any problem areas with my holy grail, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.  I finished with a light dusting of my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to lock everything in place and keep it there all night.  To inject a little bit of dimension and life back into my skin, I lightly contoured with my new favourite Makeup Revolution Baked Bronzer and then followed that up with a flush of blush and highlight using the Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Blush and Contour Palette.
 For the eyes, I started off with a generous layer of my Elf Smudge Pot in the shade 'Back to Basics' all over the lid, and then focussed a small amount of 'Brownie Points' in the outer corner and through the crease.  I blended the heck out of that, and then I went in with a small amount of the Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in the shade 'Toast', focussing this on the inner corner and the centre of the lid and then blending it out.  I then took the shade 'Festive' along my lower lash line for a subtle pop of colour and then, you guessed it, blended that out! I finished off the eyes with a thin winged liner and lashings of mascara.

 Lastly, I went for the Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in the shade 'Berry Much' to match the plummy/purpley hint to the eyes and to incorporate the idea of christmas cranberries.  Alternatively, you could also use a nude lip or even a red with this look as it is very versatile!

I hope you enjoyed this mini tutorial and if you find this helpful and choose to recreate it, before so send me a picture!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment