12/03/2014

November Favourites | 2014

I know I say this every month, but it seems like yesterday that I was writing this months favourites! Oh how time flies!

Make-up // I don't have that many makeup favourites this month to be honest.  Most of these products I bought at the end of October and have been testing them throughout November.  The first products come from elf.  I received the Elf Studio Hydrating Primer* and the Elf Studio Poreless Face Primer* at the beginning of the month and they are the only primers I have been using throughout the month. I did a first impressions of the 'pore less primer' here which was a little bit iffy because I was still unsure but I think it is safe to say that I have made a decision and I love it! It doesn't make my skin as dry as the 'Porefessional' does and it doesn't mattify my skin too much because I like to have a hint of glow so it isn't blatantly obvious that I am wearing makeup. It does make my makeup last longer that I originally thought and I actually prefer this to the 'Porefessional' which is my former holy grail primer.  I love mixing the pore less face primer with the hydrating one so that my skin stays hydrated and healthy, as well as glowing through my foundation and making it last all day long.  I think these primers are brilliant for the price and I definitely recommend them.  The next product is a product that I original hated but have learnt to love.
The L'oreal True Match Foundation was not a hit when I first used it back in the summer. I found it too cakey and felt it clung to imperfections. Last month, I was sorting through my makeup collection when I stumbled across this shoved to the back of the drawer and decided to give it another go and I have been completely converted.  I have a post written up dedicated to this foundation that is scheduled to go up at some point throughout blogmas so I won't babble to much. It's liquidy texture allows it to blend seamlessly and covers everything as well as providing you with a natural and even long-lasting base.  An all round good egg!
The last face product is from the infamous Makeup Revolution.  I had been umming and ahhing over their Blush and Contour Palette for a while but I finally took the plunge and I don't regret it! The colours are very pigmented so beware if you're known for being heavy handed, and they are such wearable and classic shades that there is a shade in here for everyone.  My only critique is that it lacks an actual contour shade but I am willing to overlook that for the sheer quality of this palette. I have 2 lip products this month.
 I have a whole post dedicated to the Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in the shade 'Light it up' here and I also featured it in a Friday Face Off here.  I have finally found the perfect red lip for me and if you ever see me wearing a red lip, you can bet your life that it is this!
The last makeup product is something that I raved about in my recent beauty buys post.  The Tanya Burr Lipgloss in 'Chic' has been my most worn 'every day' neutral kind of colour.  I can just throw it on with any look and it adds the perfect finishing touches.  The formula of this is perfect and I will definitely be purchasing some more of these in the future.

Bath and Body //  This month I have really been into Lush products.  I only buy Lush things at this time of year because there is nothing better than a long warm bath with some nice scents when its cold outside and there is something very festive about it.  I put up a Small Lush Haul last week where I mentioned that my absolute favourites were the Butterball and the Butterbear and I will definitely be purchasing more of these! There may be a bigger haul going up at some point throughout Blogmas with eve more festive goodies!



Fashion // I don't very often have fashion favourites but I love autumn/winter fashion and I have been enjoying picking outfits a lot more recently.  I have been absolutely loving this coat from Primark which I got for the bargain price of £25 last month.  The monochrome colour scheme goes with everything and adds a very classy and dressed up look to any outfit.  It looks a lot more expensive that it was and I can definitely see myself wearing this for the next few winters.

Youtube // This month I have watched every single video from Chloe, aka Glitteralittle. I am happy to have found a you tuber more my age and her makeup tutorials are absolutely amazing! She is so talented and she has done very well for herself at such a young age.  I definitely recommend checking her out and subscribing.

TV // This month I have been obsessed with the Inbetweeners! Loads of people have raved about this in the past and I have never really been interested in it until I stumbled across it whilst browsing netflix, had a quick look and got hooked!  It is so funny and it pretty much sums up the majority of school boys around here.

This month was pretty jam-packed, and with christmas coming up, next month should be even more so!  Let me know what you have been loving throughout this month!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment