12/15/2014

Second Chances | L'oreal True Match

We all have those products that we try once and immediately hate them, and in turn end up getting shoved to the back of the drawer never to see the light of day again.  I did the exact same thing with the L'oreal True Match Foundation.

The first time I used it, it was streaky, it clung to dry patches and just accentuated the things that I wanted to conceal.  After that first use it was put in to my drawer for about 3 months, until about a month ago when I was changing up the products in my Muji Storage ready for the change of season.  I decided to give it another go, since everyone loved it so much I should at least try to see what the hype was about and attempt to see it myself, and sure enough I did! I don't know what happened, but this time it glided on so smoothly, blended seamlessly and gave the perfect amount of coverage whilst still maintaining that natural, skin-like look.  It injected the life back into my dull and dreary winter skin and gave it the boost that it was in desperate need of.

The finish of this is neither matte nor dewy, I would say it was more of a satin finish and it is just perfect. I have the shade R1-C1 which is a tad dark, but it was the only one they had that was similar to my skin tone at the time that I purchased it, as this was back in the summer, but if I blend down my neck its absolutely fine.

This is a good foundation for all skin types, especially oily skin because it controls oil and slightly mattifies whilst still retaining a nice glow which is sometimes difficult for people with oily skin because its usually matte or oil-slick with no in between. It just goes to show that over time, your skin and opinions change and something that you once hated, could now be dearly loved!

Let me know if this has happened to you, and I hope this encourages you to give those loathed products another go!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment