1/02/2015

Best Discoveries of 2014 | Tools

I can't believe we are already on the fourth instalment of my 'Best Discoveries of 2014' series! This week has flown by, along with this year, can you believe that today is 2nd January 2015?! I sure as hell can't!

Onto the actual post, tools are probably the most crucial beauty item you can have.  Your tools can make or break a look and applying the your makeup with the right tools can be the difference between loving or hating a product.  2014 has definitely been the year of the tools, I have discovered so many that I could not live without now, I am left wondering how I ever managed without them!

The first holy grail tool I discovered this year is the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (full review here). As soon as this was released in the Spring, beauty junkies from all over the world jumped on it in the hope that it would be somewhat comparable to the infamous Beauty Blender.  I held off for a bit and waited for the rave reviews to start flooding the internet before I finally caved in and purchased it. This is a product that you should definitely believe the hype about as I mentioned in my review linked above.  It blends cream products flawlessly, leaving an airbrushed look whilst keeping everything looking natural and minimising cakeyness. This may not be as good as the beauty blender, but for the bargain price of £5.99, it is definitely worth a try!

The next tool I discovered was the Eyeko Eyelash Curler which I believe I received with a glamour magazine, but don't quote me on that. Before then, I didn't get on with eyelash curlers, the ones I had tried previously made my eyelashes look weird and I found it too much of a faff.  I don't know what it is that makes this one so magical, but my eyelashes look so much more long and fluttery when I use this and it really opens my eyes up, making them look bigger and more awake. I don't feel myself now when I don't curl my lashes and if anything happens to this, I will definitely purchase another.

The last set of tools are probably my absolute favourites of all time.  Theses Ebay Brushes (full review here) are by far the best brushes I have used all year. They looked like amazing dupes for sigma brushes, but for £8.00 for the whole set, I naturally wasn't expecting a great deal from these.  These are seriously better than most of the more expensive brushes I have tried! They blend everything amazingly, and their soft bristles ensure that they feel great on your face as well! Their synthetic bristles make them perfect for use with both cream and powder products and they wash like a dream as well! Definitely worth a try as this set has a brush for everything at the now further reduced price of £7.75!

What are your favourite tools?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment