1/12/2015

HUGE Beauty Haul!




left to right: Stila in the nude, Kat von D Agatha, Stila copper, Mac cranberry and the Mary Loumanizer.

So I've bought a few things......well a lot of things recently! These are products that I have been collecting since before Christmas and there are so many to talk about!  I won't go into a great amount of detail, otherwise I would be left with an impressive novel at the end, so I will give a brief overview of each and then hopefully there will be an in-depth review coming soon!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation // This is an old favourite of mine, as you might remember from the spring last year. I spotted this for £3 in a Blog Sale last week and I just couldn't help myself! I now remember why I loved it so much, the perfect amount of coverage with a beautiful radiant finish which last all day!

Makeup Revolution The One Blush Stick - Matte Malibu // As mentioned in my Contouring and Highlighting Post, I bought this as a cheaper alternative to the Nars Matte Multiple.  It hasn't failed to impress as with every other product I have tried from this brand.  It glides on smoothly and blends like a dream! A fantastic product for a cream contour, regardless of skin tone!

Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit - Medium // I have never really bothered with my eyebrows, since I have a full fringe I felt it was a waste of time!  This was a bit of an impulse buy and I bought it just to play around with really.  So far so good, the gel glides on smoothly, keeping all hairs in place and then the powder just sets them and makes them look very natural.

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick - Agatha // This is another blog sale find! I saw this for £5 and thought it looked interesting so I took the plunge! It is quite matte and can be a little bit patchy and drying, so I layer my Tanya Burr lipstick over the top to create the perfect nude!

Seventeen Skin Wow Primer // This was another impulse buy, I saw it in boots and thought it looked fun so it wen straight in the basket! This is a multi-purpose product, you can use it as a primer before foundation, mixed in with your foundation or as a liquid highlight after foundation! This is the perfect way to get a really natural and healthy glow back into your dull winter skin and I think I will get a lot of use out of this product.

Elf Studio HD Undereye Setting Powder // After hearing Shaaanxo raving about this, I have been on the hunt for it for a while! Elf had stopped selling it and I couldn't find it, until I finally tracked it down on amazon! I am so impressed with this, it sets concealer perfectly and really prevents creasing as well as highlighting and giving your face slightly more definition.  Definitely worth picking up if you can find it!

Zara Perfume // I was browsing Zara the other day, and when smelling their perfumes I was really hooked on this one! None of them really took my fancy, apart from 'Femme'.  As the name would suggest, this is quite a feminine and sophisticated fragrance that I think I could get away with all year round!

theBalm Mary Lou Manizer // Being one of the beauty industry's best loved highlighters, I just had to try it! I managed to find it on feel unique in the sale so I bought it without even thinking about it! This product really is worth the hype, it adds such a beautiful glow to the skin without a fleck of glitter in sight and really makes it look as if you are glowing from within.  It can also double up as an eyeshadow as well!

Mac Cranberry Eyeshadow // This has been an eyeshadow that has been on my wish list for a very long time! I was in Mac the other day looking at it, and I just thought, what the hell?! They didn't have it in the regular pot, so I was persuaded to buy a quad and a pan! I am now trying to figure out which other eyeshadows I want to put in here to fill it up! The one eyeshadow looks lonely :(

Stila Eyeshadow - Copper // I have been after a copper eyeshadow for a while, and when I spotted this in the look fantastic sale, I realised it was perfect!  The formula is very buttery and immensely pigmented and blends like a dream! It is definitely something I am going to get a lot of use out of for many different looks.

Stila Long Wear Lip Color - In the Nude // Another purchase from the look fantastic sale, this looked like a lovely brown nude and I assumed it would be matte as it is 'long wear'. I was mistaken and this is almost similar to a creme sheen formula from Mac. I haven't worn it properly yet to judge the longevity so I will keep you posted!

Ren Clarimatte T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel // This was reduced to £8.50 in the Space NK sale and it seemed like something that was right up my street! I haven't used this yet, but I have high hopes for it as Ren seems to be a brand that I get on well with!

Mini Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask // This is another blog sale pick.  I bought this as a perfect pick me up on dull skin days which I seem to be having rather often at the moment! I have to say, this is one of the most bizarre masks I have ever used! It is so weird that I don even know how to begin to describe it, but what I will say is that it really does feel invigorating and gives your skin a kick up the backside. It really just puts a bit of life back into your complexion!

Mac 217 Dupe // I can't remember who it was, but someone was raving about this a while ago and said that is was the perfect dupe for the Mac 217 which I have been eyeing up for a while.  I only paid 99p for it (although the price has gone up to £1.05 now) so it was practically a steal! It is very soft, washes well and is perfect for applying and blending all sorts of shadows, whether they be cream or powder.  Definitely worth a look.

Real Techniques Setting Brush // Last but not least, this is a tool that I have been umming and ahhing over for a while. I saw it in the feel unique sale and just decided that it was now or never! I had originally planned to use it for setting under my eyes, however I feel it is better suited to highlighting.  I prefer a more dense and precise brush for under my eyes, and this is the perfect size and shape for highlighting so that is the main thing that I use it for now.

Phew, that was one hell of a lot to talk about! Let me know your opinions on any of these products, and what are your most recent beauty purchases?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment