1/26/2015

Monday Makeup Inspiration #1


I have decided to start a new series on my blog called 'Monday Makeup Inspiration'.  On Mondays, I will be showing you makeup looks that I feel inspired by, to try and brighten up Mondays! I will also be talking about why I like the look, the creator of the look, and the products that I think would be perfect to recreate this look.

Todays inspiration comes from the beautiful Becca Rose.  I'm sure most of you know who she is, as she is rather well known in the bloggersphere and the Youtube world.  She has her own blog and YouTube Channel where she talks about all things beauty and fashion! I am obsessed with her channel and have watched everyone of her videos over and over again.  She seems such a lovely girl who is very down to earth and she never fails to put a smile on my miserable face.  We have so much in common as we are both obsessed with pugs, makeup, vintage things and fashion which has led her to become one of my all time favourite bloggers/youtubers.

Her signature look is glowy skin, bold brows, winged liner and a lot of rosy pinks on her eyes, lips and cheeks. It is such a pretty and girly look and is one of my favourite looks to wear throughout the spring and summer.  I love using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation mixed with a small amount of the Seventeen Skin Wow 3 Way Highlighter to give a very dewy finish. On the cheeks, I love using the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Cherub to create a light pink flush, and then using a cream/liquid highlight, such as Benefit High Beam.  Becca has beautifully pale skin, so I wouldn't bronze my skin, however, she does have very defined cheekbones.  To contour very slightly and add some definition, I would use the Makeup Revolution The One Blush Stick in Matte Malibu to add some shadow.  For eyes, I would use a few of the lightest shades from my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette to create a soft pink look.  Becca loves this palette and often uses the shades dust, buzz and dark side very softly.  I would create the winged eyeliner using sellotape and the Rimmel Glameyes Liquid Liner so I could create quite a big wing easily.  To finish off the eyes, I would apply theBalm What's YOUR Type? Mascara along with some falsies to give a doll-eyed, fluttery look similar to Becca's.  For lips, she uses either Topshop 'Petal' (this is what she is wearing in the picture above) or the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Lipstick in 07 Lingerie Pink.  I don't own the Topshop Lipstick (yet) so I would use the YSL one which is a gorgeous, cool toned baby pink which oddly suits my pale skin! This lipstick is really beautiful and I would definitely recommend it if you are looking to treat yourself! An alternative to these 2 lipsticks would be Mac Creme Cup as it is a very similar shade, and most of you are probably more likely to own this as it is such a popular shade!

What are your opinions on this new series? What look would you pick as your makeup inspiration? I hope you've enjoyed this and hopefully there will be many more to come! I may even start a Friday Fashion Inspiration too!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment