2/05/2015

January Favourites | 2015



I hope you have all had a lovely start to the new year; I honestly cannot believe that we are a month and 6 days into the new year.  How time flies! I seem to have tried out a fair few things this month, the boxing day sales were most certainly my weakness and Christmas also meant that there were even more new things to play with!

Starting off with makeup, the first product is the much raved about Mary-Lou Manizer from TheBalm.  This is honestly so worth the hype, it gives the perfect glow without looking too shimmery or glittery and catches the light beautifully.  I also use this as an eyeshadow on an every day basis and blend a little bit of bronzer through the crease and it looks beautiful. It is such an amazing and versatile product and is worth every penny! If you do purchase this, I would recommend using a light hand because this stuff is hella pigmented!
The second product is something that I hadn't heard off until I won it in a giveaway a few weeks ago! TheBalm Whats your type? Tall, Dark & Handsome Mascara is possibly one of my new holy grail mascaras next to benefit's new Roller Lash.  It has a plastic wand which is my personal favourite and it really lengthens and separates lashes whilst giving them the extra oomph to keep them curled and volumised. This is such an amazing mascara and I am quite surprised that not more people talk about this.
The next product comes from Makeup Revolution which is probably one of my new favourite budget brands.  Their Blush Stick in the shade Matte Malibu has been my go to bronzing/contouring product this month for many reasons! It is effectively just a cream bronzer in a stick, it glides onto the cheeks effortlessly and blends seamlessly to leave a long lasting bronzey look to the skin whilst also subtly defining your facial features.  This is another product that requires a light hand because the pigmentation is phenomenal.  I would definitely recommend this if you would like a cheaper dupe for the Nars matte multiple which is almost identical to this, both in formula and colour.
The last makeup product is the Avon Setting Spray.  I picked this up randomly for £2.50, not really expecting anything amazing and I had actually intended to use it for wetting loose pigments.  I was so pleasantly surprised at this product, it has made a huge difference to the longevity of my makeup! I spray it on after I've finished my base, before I powder and then after I have completely finished my makeup and I have noticed a dramatic difference in both the finish and lasting power of my makeup.  It feels light on the skin and not sticky, but you can almost feel it really setting your makeup down and it gives it a lovely radiant finish.  I would definitely recommend trying this one before splurging on any of the urban decay versions.
Onto skincare, I have been literally obsessed with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser.  This is another product that is certainly loved by many and was something I had been coveting for a long time.  I finally got the chance to try it when I received it for christmas and I was so pleased!  This cleanser is perfect for all skin types and has really helped to keep my skin in the best condition possible throughout the harsh weather we have been having in the UK this month.  It feels so luxurious and buttery on the skin and you can really feel it melting into your skin and pulling out all the dirt. It is so gentle on the skin and I have only noticed good things coming from this! I also love the gentle exfoliation you get with the muslin cloths and I can usually kill 2 birds with 1 stone with this product.  I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a cleanser that it gentle, yet effective and doesn't have a horrendous price tag!
The last beauty related item is the No7 Beautiful Night Cream.  Although my skin is predominantly oily, it does get rather dry from time to time and lacks the hydration that it needs.  This product has been perfect for keeping my skin hydrated and moisturised without making it more oily.  This is surprisingly light for a light cream, and although it is light it is still rich enough to give your skin a noticeable boost. This is definitely a winner for me and for the price, you can't really go wrong!
The last thing is my One Line A Day Memory Book which I also got for christmas.  I did a whole post on this on Monday here so I won't ramble too much, but it is such a lovely thing to have and I definitely recommend purchasing this if you are someone who likes to document everything like me!

I hope you have all had a lovely month, I am sorry for the slight delay on this post as it was due to go up on Wednesday, but I was poorly and didn't have time to write it!

Emily xx


No comments:

Post a Comment