3/11/2015

Benefit High Beam Dupe? 17 Skin WOW 3 Way Highlighter


 Left - Highbeam Right - Skinwow Highlighter (unblended)
Blended

I had been after the L'oreal Lumi Magique Primer for a while, up until I stumbled across the 17 version in boots for slightly cheaper and decided to give it a go.  This is a multi-purpose product and can either be used as a primer, mixed with foundation or as a liquid highlight on top of foundation.  It wasn't until I got home that I realised it looked very similar to Benefit's High Beam so I thought I would give you a little comparison.

As you can see from the swatches above, the 17 one possesses a lot more pigmentation than the benefit one. Texture wise, they are both pretty similar but perhaps the 17 version is slightly thicker in consistency.  I like that you have more blending time with the 17 one, as I have found that high beam dries before I have a chance to blend it which can make using it a bit of a nightmare.  C

Colour wise, I would say that High Beam is slightly more pink and the 17 one is definitely more gold/silver which makes it a lot more wearable and versatile for all skin tones. The 17 one is definitely more hygienic as it has a pump rather than a brush, not that it bothers me too much but I know some people take things like that quite seriously so it is definitely worth bearing in mind. The only issue I have with the pump is that it dispenses far too much product and I end up being quite wasteful when using it but it's not massively expensive meaning it is not the be all and end all.

If I had to choose between the two, I definitely think I would go for the 17 one, not only for the price, but for the fact that I use it a lot more than I have ever used high beam and I definitely think it is a product that will serve many purposes.

Have you tried this product?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment