4/29/2015

A Slight Disappointment | MUA Luxe Whipped Velvet Blush


I very rarely moan about rubbishy products around these parts, but I thought I would give you my honest opinion on some not so great products as well as the great ones.
When the MUA Spring Collection came out, I got a little bit excited and went straight to Superdrug to pick up a few bits and pieces. You can see everything I got in my haul here. One of the first products that caught my eye was the Luxe Whipped Velvet Blush in Rococo.  It looked like the perfect spring shade and I was hoping it would be a nice cream formula.  Unfortunately, it isn't all its cracked up to be!

The swatch above took one hell of a lot of product to get even the slightest amount of colour which is really annoying, and it makes it very difficult to apply.  It also doesn't apply well, even the slightest amount looks very cakey and doesn't blend nicely into your foundation.  Instead it just sits on the top and looks patchy and weird.  It then dries to a powder like finish and really clings to dry patches and imperfections, as well as accentuating pores.  Application is difficult and no matter how I apply it, it just looks awful every time!

Overall, I am a little bit disappointed in this product and I probably won't get any use out of it.

Have you tried these blushes? If so, what do you think of them?

Emily xx




No comments:

Post a Comment