5/04/2015

April Favourites 2015



This post is up a little late, I only just realised that its 4th May and I haven't done a Favourites Post yet! This month has been a pretty good month for trying out new products so hopefully next months post will be just as good!

The first product is the Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit. I have to admit, this is not the best quality product I have ever tried, but with a bit of work, it does the job perfectly and it is fine for what I use it for. The light powder is absolutely useless, and the other two can be a bit patchy but with a bit of blending, that is an issue that is easily rectified. I just take a very small amount on my Real Techniques Contour Brush and work it in to the hollows of my cheeks and down the sides of my nose.  I then blend out a lot with my Real Techniques Blush Brush and it gives me the perfect amount of subtle definition. If I want a bit more definition, I just build it up the cooler shade and blend out with the warmer shade.  If you are willing to put a little bit more work into your contour, then this is a good alternative to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit.

The next is my Sleek Blush in Rose Gold. This is an old favourite of mine that I have recently rekindled my love for! I have really been into glow cheeks recently and this has been my go to blush! It gives your cheeks the perfect rosy flush along with a beautiful golden glow which is perfect for the spring and summer seasons.  I did have a review of this up on my blog, but I am struggling to find it so you can find Chloe's Review here at Simple Beauty Chatter.  She has swatches and all the information you need to know before purchasing this blush!

I am a self confessed lip product junkie so it is inevitable that I would have at least 2 lip favourites! The first one is MAC Boldly Bare Lip Liner which the world and its mother have raved about! I won't ramble on too much as I have a full review here, but it is pretty special and I have been wearing this pretty much every day this month, along with other products that I've paired it with.  Last but not least, I have the Essence Long Lasting Lipsticks in Natural Beauty and Love Me. If you would have read my full review here then you will know that I have 3 shades, but these are the two that I have got the most out of.  To find out more, head on over to my review linked above but they are so easy to wear, have a great formulation and are just the perfect lip product for daily use!

That completes this month's favourites, what have you been loving this month? Leave me a comment or a link to your favourites post so I can see some more product recommendations!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment