7/22/2015

Top 5 Drugstore Bright Lips


Left to right: Pink Punch, In Love With Ginger, Coral Calling, Audacious, Light It Up


The thing I look forward to most about summer is wearing bright lips! I feel that it is the only time of year where a bright pink or orange lip is appropriate so they are the first thing I crack out when the warmer weather starts creeping in. I have a range of formulas and shades to share with you today, it was very hard but I managed to narrow down my top 5 bright lips that are on the affordable part of the spectrum so they are easily accessible for all of you!

The first is probably my oldest favourite, I feel like I have had this lipstick sitting in my collection since I started my makeup obsession about 2/3 years ago! The Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Punch which is now called Fuchsia Flash is exactly what its names suggest.  It is a hot, blue toned pink that suits pretty much all skin tones and makes your teeth look pearly white! The formula is quite smooth and buttery but I've found it to be surprisingly long lasting! This has been on my lips a lot over the past few weeks and I would definitely recommend.

Next is a blogger favourite that I won a while back in a giveaway, and its the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in the shade 'In Love With Ginger'.  This is a bright orange red that is certainly not for the faint hearted! It is one of the brightest lipsticks I own, or possibly even laid eyes on (I've seen some shockers in my time and this still tops them).  The formula is very glossy and slightly slippy so you have to be very aware that you're wearing it to avoid embarrassing smudges! It doesn't fade patchily though, it fades to a stain within a few hours which is still pretty vibrant which I love.  Definitely a good one if you love orangey tones and want something that really makes a statement. It's also good if you wear a lot of red and want to move out of the 'red zone', just taking that relationship to a new level you feel me.

Something a little more subtle is the Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in 'Coral Calling'.  You've heard me bang on about these lipsticks a lot so I won't go on too much, but this shade is really stunning! It is your typical coral, it again looks good on pretty much all skin tones and it is slightly muted so it doesn't look too much.  It is the perfect way to spice up your makeup if you're not used to brights without going completely overboard.  If you want to know more about the formula of these, I have a whole post on these lipsticks right here where I sing their praises. I think this is the cheapest lipstick I have in this post and probably in my collection besides MUA and Makeup Revolution things.

The next one is definitely something that I would class as a neon. The Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in the shade 'audacious'. It is a neon coral shade, though leaning more towards orange.  It is perfect for bringing out any tan, even if it is only slight! It really perks up your complexion and generally just makes your day a whole lot better! It is matte which means it lasts a long time and it feels like velvet to apply.  It's a balm so it also keeps your lips hydrated to there is no risk of dry patches and flakiness, it is all round a pretty perfect formula.  These are also on 2 for £10 in boots at the moment so grab a few!

The last is a classic red, which is a slightly lighter shade than I would normally go for so it's perfect for summer.  As you know, I''m a fan of my deep reds so the Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in the shade 'Light it Up' is not what I would normally go for. It's a bright red that compliments any neutral makeup look perfectly and also helps to perk up an otherwise quite boring outfit. The formula is very creamy and dries matte without drying out the lips.  It lasts a good 6 hours before touchups are needed, but unfortunately it does fade to leave a line round your lips so that may be something to take into account.  Apart from that, it really is the perfect red and they have some other beautiful shades in this range to try.

That is all for my top 5 drugstore bright lips, what are your favourites? whether they be high end or drugstore!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment