8/10/2015

Wilko Haul - Essence and Kiss











Wilko is one of those places that just draw you in with their amazing prices and you can't ever leave without at least one very full bag of stuff that you don't need.  It happens to me every time I go in there, and this weekend's visit was certainly no exception! The ridiculous thing is how much I bought and that the whole lot only cost me £14.49! It's ridiculous, there are hardly any places where you can get this much stuff and have a bill of less than £20, its mental.  I picked up some bits from Essence because I've found it hard to find fault with their products, and I also picked up some bits from their skincare range that goes by the name 'Kiss x' which I had never heard of before! The pretty packaging drew me in and I was intrigued so I couldn't help it!

Starting with the Kiss x bits, I bought 2 things from them which were £2 each which is amazing! The first thing that caught my eye was the Light Reflecting Primer. It claims to be smoothing, mattifying and light reflecting so it was right up my alley! It feels like a more runny version of the porefessional and feels very silky on the skin whilst giving an ever so slight glow.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet so I will report back on those once I have formed a proper opinion.  I then went straight for the 3 in 1 Cleansing Water as this was again, right up my alley. I love micellar water's and go on about them all the time so I am always up for trying different brands to see how they compare.  Though I don't think this has micells, it does a similar thing to all of the big branded cleansing waters and does a perfectly adequate job of removing makeup from what I can tell. I will report back on the effect that it has on my skin after prolonged usage!

Then I got carried away at the essence counter, and after a lot of deliberation I managed to whittle down my huge stack of products in my basket to these 5 products. The first thing I went for was the Longlasting Lipstick in the shade 'On the Catwalk'. I'm a huge fan of this line of lipsticks, (full review here) and wanted to try some more shades.  When looking, none of the colours really appealed to me and most of them were very similar to colours I already own from other brands apart from this one.  It is a muted dark reddish-brown which if you watch Once Upon a Time (its on netflix, watch it and you won't regret it) it s very similar to the shade that Regina usually wears! It would look amazing on olive skin tones especially though I think it would suit most skin tones.  I picked up a few of their eyeshadows to try, the first being a single eyeshadow in the shade Dance Mauve.  The pigmentation is not quite as much as I would have hoped but for the price, it is pretty good! It is a lovely graphite colour with a hint of a purple/blue which would make an amazing smokey eye. I am yet to try this on my eyes so I will let you know what I think. I also picked up the All About Nude Palette as I thought it would be good for travelling.  As you can see from the swatches, some shades are better than others but I will do an in depth post once I have had a chance to properly try them. Lastly I got 2 lip products that go together nicely.  Their lip liners are my favourite range of lipliners and this was the 3rd addition to my growing collection from this range. The shade Wish me a Rose is a beautiful peachy pink and goes perfectly with the XXXL Longlasting Matte Lipgloss in Velvet Rose which is very similar to the Creme puff lip cream's from Collection which were a hit with me! I think I will be getting good use out of these this summer, again I will be doing an in depth post in the future.

Phew! Thats it! If you have tried any of these or have any other recommendations feel free to leave me a comment, and I will be back on Wednesday with a Boots/Superdrug haul which is my penultimate post in my little haul series!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment