10/29/2015

#Blogtober Day 29 - MAC Whirl Lipstick First Impressions


I haven't done a first impressions post in a long time and I had a very exciting makeup delivery yesterday so I thought I would share it with you today.

Whirl by MAC is one of their most popular lip liner shades, after Kylie Jenner announced that it was one of her favourites. I could never get my hands on the lipliner and I sometimes find lipliners a little drying so I held off. Then a few months ago, MAC brought out the shade Whirl in lipstick form which I was really excited about. All of the swatches I saw online looked different which worried me, I could never find it in store so the only option was to order online which I was a little nervous about, I wanted to see it in the flesh first. I saw my friend wearing it last week and I ordered it almost straight away as it looked so amazing on her.

The colour looks completely different on everyone.  On me, it leans slightly more cool toned than it looks in the bullet. It is slightly darker than it looks on the photo, but here is the look I decided to pair it with for the dance show last night. The formula is very buttery and creamy, and I don't find it too drying. My lips do need a little bit of moisturising either but it isn't as bad as other matte lipsticks I've tried. I find it really easy to apply, it glides on without tugging or pulling and it lasts a good amount of time. I find it lasts about 3 hours if I am eating and drinking, I haven't yet tested it out for a period of time where I'm not eating or drinking. I'll report back on that one once I have worn it to college!

Overall, I am very impressed with this lipstick and I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it during the winter months. According to a friend, it's limited edition so I best get stocking up!

Which is your favourite MAC Lipstick?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment