10/16/2016

The Sunday Edit #88


This week has been a little rough as you will probably have seen from my post that went up late Monday night. The fall out from that has been pretty big, but it's time to move on from that now, onwards and upwards! Besides from that, this week hasn't been too busy, I haven't had a huge amount of college work to do and seeing as I only actually wrote one post myself this week, the others were guest posts, I haven't had a lot of blog work to do either. I only worked one shift Wednesday so I've had a little bit of time to myself to just think. I've been spending that time gathering my thoughts, getting inspiration for my blog and just mulling over things.

Whilst I've been deep in thought this week, I realised I wasn't happy with my blog, so my aim over the next month or so is to have a little revamp. I'm not sure I want to commit to rebranding just yet, I feel like it'll be difficult to create a new twitter under a new name for my blog, change my blog name and so forth, although the is something I would really like to do. I set up my blog about 3 years ago, and alot has changed since then. 14 year old me wasn't one for thinking hard about an amazing blog title that epitomised me and my blog, so Emily Faye's Little World has been what I'm stuck with. Rebranding may happen some time in the new year if I'm brave enough, but for now I think I'm thinking of ways I can improve my blog and make it the best that I can. I've been doing some research and some experimenting into upping my photography game because to be fair, I think it's pretty weak at the moment. I also want to post some more unique posts, and vary my content a bit more. I feel like a lot of my posts are samey and boring, and no different from what you would find on any other beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog. I want mine to be more unique and stand out more, and be recognised for being special in it's own right without being compared to all the other millions of blogs like mine across the internet. I also feel like I need a theme change, my theme is pretty pants if I'm going to be honest. I'm not that much of a whizz with html, as much as I'm trying to learn so my theme is literally just a blogger theme that I've 'pimped up' if you will. I'm looking on etsy and trying to find a theme that suits me, and one that I can tweak a little bit to make it my own. I feel like now that I'm earning more money, both through my new job and making a tiny bit from time to time through blogging, I'd like to invest a little more in it. I'm looking into photo props, some more photography equipment and I'm very tempted to save up some money and invest in an iMac so that I can really up my blogging game and make it into something that I'm even more proud of.

I'm also trying to figure out a more accurate and efficient way to organise my blog. I have so many different schedules, notebooks and diaries that have no order or theme to them at all, I just chuck my ideas down wherever I can and then end up forgetting them and never putting them into practice. I also want to be more efficient with my time management, juggling 3 A-levels, a part time job and trying to maintain a blog and a bunch of social media accounts is very the consuming, but I feel like I waste so much time. I come home from college and can't be bothered to do anything so I just lie in bed and do nothing, then I have a mad rush on a Sunday trying to get my Sunday Post up and get all my college work done, and my blog suffers for the rest of the week because of it. I need to have some sort of chart and timetable where I have a list of stuff that needs to be done and a layout of my days, so I can see exactly where I have some spare time and then dedicate that time slot to a certain thing, whether that's college work or blogging.  I do find it hard to timetable blogging because if I'm not inspired or in the mood, you can really tell that from my writing, but any time I get like that I can just put my energy into something else. So if I say 'Monday night I'm going to dedicate 2 hours to writing a blog post' but I get to Monday night and I'm not feeling it, I can just use that time to do something else, like if I have an essay to write or a worksheet to do, I'll do that then and try and switch my blogging to a different time when I would've been doing that homework. You feel me?

I need to stop rambling because I have a bunch of things I want to do tonight. I want to tidy my bedroom because it looks like a bomb has hit it and it's bothering me sooooo much. Then after I've done that I'm going to have a nice bath and a chill and if I'm feeling up to it, I might draft a few blogposts.

I'm fed up of being unhappy with so many things in my life, so I'm making some changes, starting from today. No one else is going to help my happiness, I need to take matters into my own hands and do something about it. I hope you've all had an amazing week, and I hope you don't my little ramble, my brain is in overdrive at the moment!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment